Art. 49: Obligations towards pedestrians.
Drivers should let go ahead:
- Blind, equipped with guide cane;
- Other persons, who have difficulty moving around;
- Pedestrians and drivers of disabled vehicles, crossing or apparently about to cross a crosswalk.
Point 3 does not apply to the military column or funeral procession. This rule also does not apply if the pedestrian and disabled vehicle crossing is controlled by traffic lights.
- A crosswalk refers only to the pedestrian crossing; any other form of crossing does not have these privileges.
- Blind and obstructed people must also be given priority outside the crosswalk.
- A partially eroded crosswalk remains a crosswalk (Leeuwarden Court ruling).